Monday 24 January 2011

Piggy Cupcakes

First up, it's the piggy cupcakes that are in the photo at the top of this blog. 


I made them for my daughter's 4th birthday party - she was having a "Peppa Pig and the Dinosaur" Party and we had lots of piggy/dinosaur themed food which I will blog about later.


The cupcakes were made following a recipe from the "Mary Berry Baking Bible" and were really soft, moist and delicious.  I'll post the recipe when I'm nearer recipe books!


The topping is just a pink icing sugar topping, with chocolate icing piped on for the eyes and nostrils.  The nose is a marshmallow sliced across the middle which leaves a sticky surface that sticks it to the cakes. The piggy ears are Strawberry Curls that I got in the Cupcake section at Morrisons.  


They were very popular with adults and children! Yum Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment